Your information is held securely and your privacy will be respected at all times.
ExS collects and securely stores two types of data:
- Information that you enter (e.g. email address, questionnaire responses)
- Analytics (e.g. how often users of the programme log on, what modules are completed, duration of engagement)
All the personal information you provide will be stored on the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education secure server. All electronic transactions containing personal details that you make to or receive from ExS is encrypted.
Your name may be visible to other users so please consider selecting a pseudonym when you are setting up your account if you would prefer not to be identified. You can control the visibility of your profile under the Settings menu. All other information that you enter remains conﬁdential and cannot be viewed by other users. You can delete your account at any time under the Settings menu.
Control and use of your data
The ExS Team at Shannon College of Hotel Management, NUI Galway, controls the use, retention and deletion of your data in accordance with your rights under data protection law.
1- Use of anonymous data for statistical analysis and reports
- From time to time your service will export anonymised collated data for statistical analysis, reporting and research. Personal identifying information will never be included in such reports.
2- If you request support
- You can request coaching support from a member of Shannon College of Hotel Management academic staff to help you through the programme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request support, your request will be given to the person responsible for the module you scored lowest in so that they can encourage, support and guide you through the programme.
3 – Retention and Deletion of data
- The option to delete your profile and any associated data is available to you at any time under Settings.
- Otherwise, all user data will be deleted at the end of each academic year. The ExS Administrator will email you at least one week before deletion, and you can opt at that time to have your data retained online for a further year, if you wish.
4 – Contact from ExS
You may receive automated emails from time to time with reminders to complete tasks. You will receive an automated email invitation to respond to a feedback survey when you complete the programme and the information you supply will be used to improve our service. Your response to this feedback request is optional.
If you are dissatisfied in any way with how your data has been treated, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the ExS Project Leader, Trevor McCarthy email@example.com